Friday, April 6, 2012

Week Nine. April 2nd-6th

Week nine began with a meeting about all that had happened last week in Germany and Dublin. I showed them my progress on the two videos and George and Philip were both happy with what had been done. They told us that there was a lot of interest in the software and that they would be busy over the next days and weeks with follow up calls to potential clients. They were also delighted about winning the Nokia Digital Media Award. Incidentally, Lauren sent them a text on the night of the awards so they already knew that they won.

I completed the Iman casings video and showed it to George and Philip. They were very happy with the end result, so uploaded it to their You Tube account, but kept it on private until they showed it to Iman's Management. They wanted to be sure that there wouldn't be anything in the video that should be kept private.

I then continued with the other Reseller Partners Programme video, mostly looking for some suitable, Royalty-Free music. As aforementioned, finding suitable music is a very time consuming aspect of the video making process. I feel that it is also a very important part of the process, as it can make or break the feel of a video. I spent many many hours this week trawling through music and will narrow them down and try them out individually. It is really good to be working with Barry as we can test out our projects on each other, before getting final opinions from Philip and George.

Reseller Programme

The Reseller Partners Programme is an incentive for food safety consultants to use the Safefood 360 software under their own brand or logo. It also allows them to manage multiple sites from anywhere there is a broadband network, thus allowing them a lot more flexibility. This makes it a very good reason why consultants would use the software, and it allows them to take on more clients. This makes it a win-win situation for everyone.

It turned out to be a bit of a mistake, not to use lighting in this video because, the computer monitor situated behind George was the brightest part of the video, and because of this, it darkened the rest of the scene, especially George's face.
Although it felt like a disaster, it made me find ways to darken the monitor area only, and then brighten the rest of the scene. I achieved this by using cropping and feathering, and using multiple layers to rectify the problem. Before I did my work experience, I never had any reason to do this, but neither would I have had the foggiest idea how to deal with it. This really is the right time to encounter these scenarios, and the right time to find out how to sort them out.

This video will be used on the website to explain how the programme can benefit everyone. It takes the potential customer through the reasons why they should become a partner.


No comments:

Post a Comment