I spent this week on the Seminar video. I decided that I would try to treat it like an advertisement, or an introduction to a film. I wanted to have the background black, and two screens at a time showing the speakers. I also wanted to have a text explanation of what each of the speakers did, and spoke about. I wanted the music to be fairly upbeat and I wanted each of the company logos to be highlighted in some way.
I used key frames and had all the four logos shooting in from the corners. Firstly I had them cropped into rectangular shapes on a black background, but Barry said that it looked awful, and that it made the logos look cheap. After a lot of to-ing and fro-ing, I had to agree with him that they looked much better on a white background. Barry had worked for a number of years as a graphic designer, so I really had to bow to his expertise. It's still hard to take criticism, even if it's constructive.
My Dad always used to say "The man who never took advice never took anything". That's okay but then I had to make the white background black again. A simple fade was adequate for this, and it fitted in with the sped up footage of the people arriving into the seminar room. This gave a good intro for the split screens. I found it a bit difficult to keep the same gap between the screens,and decided that I would do it with the positioning windows. That looked okay but then I thought that I would like a little more of a gap, without reducing the sizes of the screens, so I Just overlaid a black cropped slug in the centre of the screens, and this gave me the result I wanted. I got a high resolution graphic of the BRC Global Standard for food safety, and inserted it spinning into the start of the video, with the words "Issue 6" coming into the screen from bottom left to top right. I then wanted to include the Safefood 360 logo.
I ended the video with the words "We'll see you at the next Seminar".
I am pleased at the way it turned out. Here is the link to a copy of this video.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EqpQJ-TRmW0



No comments:
Post a Comment