Saturday, March 31, 2012

Week Eight. March 26th-30th

 George and Philip were away this week in Germany at Food Safety Conference & Exhibition. 

Our Trade Stand
Trade stand setup














 Philip emailed these two images of their setup. It's really nice that they keep us in the loop as to what's going in with them. Philip wished us well for the Nokia Digital Media Awards, and hoped that we'd do well from the show. Safefood 360 are one of three finalists for a Cloud Based, Innovation Award. The other Finalists are "Sage" the accountancy software people, and "Ordnance Survey Ireland" the map people. It is a great achievement to be in the running with such well established and successful companies.





I have been working on the Iman casings video for the most part of this week. I am really enjoying getting to grips with filters in Final Cut Pro. It's amazing the difference filters can make to footage. Barry and I can see huge improvements as we are constantly working with video and graphics, but I showed some of the before and after footage to my family, only to realize that they couldn't see much difference. Either the experience has trained my eye, or I'm fooling myself ha ha, (I'm not fooling myself okay).





On Friday we all left the office at about 1pm so we could get ready for the Nokia Digital Media Awards. Barry and I had to collect our tuxedos and we were to meet up at the Convention Centre at 6.30pm. All in all it turned out to be a great night, and the icing on the cake was that we won the award, and I had the honour of accepting it with Lauren, on behalf of the company.
Announcement
Going Up To The Stage

Receiving the Award

This week was a really good experience for both myself and Barry, we helped each other out with our respective projects, and gave and received a lot of constructive criticism. It was also a first for both of us as neither of us had ever been to an awards ceremony of this magnitude before, let alone receive the award. Looking forward to seeing the lads next week. They'll be telling us how it went in Germany and we'll be telling them about the Digital Media Awards.

No comments:

Post a Comment